Manilow, Barry/Barry and Bette

Hello John,

Could you please tell me what exists audio / video wise of Barry and Bette's time together from 1971 - 1973.

As far as I know, the only thing available is that film shot at the Continental Baths.

I'm fairly sure this was not an 'official' video (that is, I think this was filmed for personal reasons, rather than to be released as a commercial product), but it survives.

There is also the footage from her debut on Johnny Carson:

The camera pans from Bette to Barry at about 1:51.

Bette comments about Barry on her "Intimate Portrait" on Bio:

I'm pretty sure that, other than the album releases, that's it. There may be a copy of the Carnegie Hall concert that Barry paid for somewhere, but I haven't seen a copy.   The search goes on ... thanks for writing !  --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin

I can answer almost any question about Barry`s music and videos: Content, lyrics, instruments, arrangements. You know -- the important stuff! ***PLEASE NOTE: I don't work for Barry or his organizations. I don't know him personally. I'm like that guy on PBS that talks about Mozart, the knowledge is based on 35 years of study, not from any insider information. *** --JB

40 years of collecting his music and being a fan. I also own an extensive collection of recordings, interviews, books, magazines and rarities for Barry Manilow.

Professional Actor, Singer, Stage Manager and Announcer. Music enthusiast, performer and composer of my own material. Theater Major, Temple University.