Manilow, Barry/Callback! / Barry Manilow

Question
Hello John,

Back in 2006, I had asked you about the television show Callback! of which Barry Manilow was music director and Linda Allen also was involved in. Do any episodes exist even in audio only format? Has any further information turned up about this historical and intriguing show.

Many thanks,

Tom

Answer
Not that I know of.

There is an interesting sub group in Reddit called "Obscure Media" (https://www.reddit.com/r/ObscureMedia/), in which people post their VHS copies of things most people can rarely see. I troll it looking for Barry's commercials, but haven't seen anything from him yet.

I think one of the problems we're having is that Callback was a local NYC-area show, it was not sent out to the entire national broadcast network. As such, it may not have even been saved.

I'll keep looking, thanks for writing in.   --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin