Manilow, Barry/Callback! / Barry Manilow

Hello John,

Back in 2006, I had asked you about the television show Callback! of which Barry Manilow was music director and Linda Allen also was involved in. Do any episodes exist even in audio only format? Has any further information turned up about this historical and intriguing show.

Many thanks,

Not that I know of.

There is an interesting sub group in Reddit called "Obscure Media" (, in which people post their VHS copies of things most people can rarely see. I troll it looking for Barry's commercials, but haven't seen anything from him yet.

I think one of the problems we're having is that Callback was a local NYC-area show, it was not sent out to the entire national broadcast network. As such, it may not have even been saved.

I'll keep looking, thanks for writing in.   --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin

I can answer almost any question about Barry`s music and videos: Content, lyrics, instruments, arrangements. You know -- the important stuff! ***PLEASE NOTE: I don't work for Barry or his organizations. I don't know him personally. I'm like that guy on PBS that talks about Mozart, the knowledge is based on 35 years of study, not from any insider information. *** --JB

40 years of collecting his music and being a fan. I also own an extensive collection of recordings, interviews, books, magazines and rarities for Barry Manilow.

Professional Actor, Singer, Stage Manager and Announcer. Music enthusiast, performer and composer of my own material. Theater Major, Temple University.