Manilow, Barry/Songs that only Barry wrote

Question
Hi Laurie :)
I am interested to know how many songs Barry has written exclusively on his own? Meaning music/melodies + lyrics? I think If I Should Love Again is one of them (one of my all time favorite songs), but what others are there?

Thanks!

Answer
Hello, Ashleigh!

Thank you for contacting me through All Experts.  As for how many songs Barry has written exclusively on his own, you are correct about If I Should Love Again, and it is one of my favorites as well.  Another song that Barry wrote exclusively that has been recorded and put on an album is "One Voice," which, of course, is the title track of the album by the same name.  Also, a fascinating fact about the song "One Voice" is that Barry has said in interviews that he wrote it in a dream!  I should also point out that there probably are other songs that Barry wrote exclusively which have never been put on an album.  That being the case, it is impossible to give you an exact number of songs Barry has written exclusively if you include all the songs Barry has written over the years.  Barry has such an amazing catalog of music, and I know there are many gems in the vault that we have never heard.  

I hope this information is helpful, and if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me again.

Manilove,

Laurie :)  

Manilow, Barry

Laurie Wheeler