Manufacturing/Crane Construction.

Question
Crane Design
Crane Design  
Dear Rolfe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_(machine)

Cranes are designed to lift and move specific loads capacity in tons. What are the input parameters in terms of mechanical, electronic, electrical components considered for Crane Construction
in terms of its ability to lift more loads ?

i.e. Electrical Power, Pulleys, Shafts, Ropes, Levers, Crane Height etc.

Example :

Some Cranes can lift a load of 100 ton, while some cranes can lift say a load of 500 ton. So in the second case, what are the parameters considered for designing the crane which can lift more loads.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
The determining factor oh what a Crane can lift is going to be the length of the boom and the angle to the ground. The more horizontal the less weight. It will left the father out the boom is the less weight... A completely collapsed whom in its shortest position and angled
as high up as it can go.. Will be the most amount the Crane can lift.... When you see a Crane and it is rated 20 tons.... That means he can pick up 20 times in its most efficient possession, which is the shortest boom in the highest angle up,,, every extension from this and lowering the boom will lessen the amount can hold…

Manufacturing

Rolfe Foxwell