Maritime/Shipping/import/ export

Question
QUESTION: Can you answer questions regarding shipping export and import and international waters?

ANSWER: Hello Raymond,
Yes I can help you with Import/export questions.
As far as International waters, it would depend.
Send me your questions.
Thanks,

QUESTION: "Well Mr Scott I'm going to spell it all out for you!In the future, I would like to produce,distribute,import and export goods to the world. Now suppose I had a company that produces and ships goods, built a structure(barge,aircraft carrier,rig)in international waters acting as a seaport or docks to trade to any and all countries of the world.

What is the legal and economical fesibility of this idea?"

ANSWER: Raymond,
That is an interesting idea, I just don't see the benefit of having a floating seaport.

The seaport would have to be massive, I mean really massive. Have you ever seem a modern seaport? It would have to be able to withstand the forces of the sea as it would have no protection as almost all land based seaports provide.

Eventually the cargo would have to berth at a traditional land based seaport.

I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to figure out what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks, Scott   

QUESTION: I am pretty sure as far as the United States and its government is concerned, there certain countries that are not allowed to trade or come to the docks of the United States correct?

I am also thinking that there are places and countries merchants and business people in this country of the United States are NOT allowed to do business or trade with right?

Then there are countries who don't have import and export capabilities correct?

Answer
Raymond,
You are mostly correct. The USA does have embargoed countries which are illegal to trade with as I am sure many countries do.
The list is very small and mostly these counties are not large producers of products.

Every country,large or small, regardless of whether it has access via its own seaport, or it is a land locked, imports and exports goods.  

Maritime/Shipping

Scott Jacks