Maritime/Shipping/CDC Information


Dear Expert,
I Have some concern about the CDC listed below
1)What is this CDC Actually?......
2)How to Get it?........
3)why it is required?........
4)Is it possible to get it from India?.....
5)As i want to apply for MCV in Australia?....
6)If i cannot have it, what is the appropriate way to get CDC?....
7)what will be the cost for getting CDC?......

Hoping for your best advice and a Favorable answer soon.

Thanks & Regards
Divyakant Boricha

Dear Divyakant Boricha,

Not sure what the C stands for, most probably continuous. The DC stands for discharge certificate. It is just a record of the seaman's sea service record. Please check out from your seaman's union where to get it.

Thomas Yoon


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Thomas Yoon


Can answer questions on how equipment works. What working on board ship is like. The work on board ship. Can answer questions on working life as a Marine Engineer. Cannot answer questions on business, and questions applicable to specific countries.


Working on board cargo ships as Marine Engineer for 9 years, including 1-1/2 years as cadet, and 1 year in shipyard.

Website: which is titled Marine Engineer World.View it at Marine Engineer World

1st Class Marine Engineer Certificate of Competency (Motorship)

©2017 All rights reserved.