Maritime/Shipping/CDC Information

Reich People Solutions wrote at 2013-01-02 07:03:42
Good Day & Greetings from Reich People Solutions, Mumbai !!!

A Seaman Record Book or Continuous Discharge Certificate is a continuous record of a seaman’s service. This document certifies that the person holding is a seaman as per The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended 1995. Every seafarer must carry this document while on board, which is also an official and legal record of his sea experience. The master of the vessel signs the document each time a seaman is signed off from the vessel certifying his experience on board. This is one of the most important documents while a seaman is travelling on board. Even if a person has just this document, they have been called ‘Seaman’.

What is STCW-95 Certification :

STCW stands for Standard of Training Certification and Watch keeping. This is a basic safety course regulated by the IMO for all seafarers. One must attend this course in order to be able to work onboard a ship regardless of whatever certification you have as this is the basic primary certification needed to set a feet on board any ship around the world. This certificate is internationally recognized and includes four basic modules, which are:-

Personal Survival techniques (PST) - This module will give the candidate knowledge of essential prevention and survival .techniques, It includes both theoretical and practical sessions; investigating causes of distress, knowledge and use of equipment, launch and recovery of life raft, preparation of survival, personal survival skills, and use of search and rescue organizations.

Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention (FPFF) - This module deals with the precautions to be taken to minimize the risk of fires aboard the ship, the way in which fires are caused and first means of extinguishing them. The module includes practical training in the use of fire fighting equipment, and use of breathing apparatus for fire fighting and rescue.

Elementary First Aid (EFA) – This module is a mixture of theory and practical sessions, training basic first aid and life saving skills.

Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (PSSR): – This module gives basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarizes new seafarers and working conditions aboard the ship.

Requisites for applying Seaman Book :

Passport copy  

Passport size Photographs  

STCW-95 basic courses certificates

Medical Fitness certificate

Basic Bio data containing contact information

We are delighted to introduce ourselves as an Executive Search and Services Company based at Mumbai. In our endeavor, we would like to partner with you in your search for the right resources and needs and assist you in processing a Seaman Record book or Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) in the shortest possible time and most cost-effective price.

Bahamas CDC

Validity – No expiry date

Time required to process : 25-30 days.

Belize CDC

Validity – 5 years from date of issue

Time required to process : 2 days.

Panama CDC - depends on the rank

Validity – 5 years from date of issue

Time required to process : 2 months

Procedure :

Call us and send the documents by email OR Send the documents by courier / speed post to our office address and get CDC by courier to your destination by courier. . The payment can be delivered to us at office or deposited by Money order or cash or DD or wire transfer / Internet transfer or cash deposit from anywhere in India or abroad to our corporate current account maintained with ICICI Bank. Once the transfer or cash deposit is made, the slip needs to be emailed to us at

We request you for an opportunity to be of service to your requirements and look forward to taking this forward. Your feedback is appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Contact us :

Email :

Reich People Solutions

D-116, Crystal Plaza, New Link Road,

Andheri-West, Mumbai, India - 400 053

Visit :

Victim Sagar wrote at 2013-01-31 04:30:16
Dear Candidates and aspirants, who want to make their career in Merchant Navy/Rig/Platform or somewhere linked with the field of Marine and ship, these contents are for you to be careful from Fraud and Cheating by Marine Agents

The content of these blog could be helpful for you, if you are a fresher and keen to join the above mentioned field and want to pursue your career. But guys if you are a fresher, you need to take care that you don't become the victim of this market. Yes this is actually the market of Fraud agents, consultancies and mediators between the shipping company and you.

This worst market is full of fraud agents whether you are in Mumbai, Chennai or Delhi...

And you are likely to be deceived if you are a total fresher, an agent can make you fool in a second, or even on a phone call. I have such an experience of being a victim who have lost a huge amount and time trusting on agents.

My family and friends used to say me to be away from agents, but it is very very difficult to get some job in this field without the help of agents. And I trusted many, where I wasted my 2 years waiting for the job, I wasted money in formal training like STCW & OTFC, for getting CDC and other documents.

And I was many times referred to agents from agents, they are maintaining a network like a property dealer. Finally after waiting for almost 2 years, I(with my 3 more friends) ended up losing a huge amount trusting one of the agent. I was sent to Saudi Arabia for job, where I met the second party and I had to pay him a lot of money even after paying my first agent in Mumbai, though I had no option as I have had landed in other country to work on a tourist visa.

They kept me in a hotel for continuous 60 days without work, till then my tourist visa had already expired, I was not able to go out of hotel because my visa was no more valid. And if I was caught with an out dated visa, they would make my life hell in the prison of an Arab country. I paid the hotel rent fro 2 months, that was appx INR 80,000.

And if you are thinking of making your career after doing an expensive course from an institute, still there is not such scope now in Marine field even for the candidates from reputed and high-fees institutes. I have seen the guys to have dropped this dream after spending a lot on courses, going to agents for getting jobs after paying lacks of rupees in institutes. And what agents do thereafter is mentioned above. What is your education doesn't matter in marine field, you will have to start your work as a labor only, as a GP rating guy or below the level. So if you can diverge your mind from this field or career, you are likely to get succeeded, and if you have became stub born for the marine only, I will again remind you to think about your family and Loving parents.

Candidates having the sailing experience of 2-3 years are hunting for the jobs now, when they have to wait for long, paying the agents they have made in 2-3 years, who is going to hire a fresher. So Leave this now.

There are many agents in Mumbai and Delhi, some of them are named here: Akhilesh & Rakesh(office is near Bombay Stock exchange), Abhishek, Bindiya Meshram(Ambernath, Mumbai), Nervis Vaz(Mira road, Mumbai), Baba/Pandey Ji(Bandra), Choudhary(associate of Baba), Aryavart Corporation(Greater Kailash, New Delhi), Capt. Suniel Kumar Sharma(Aryavart corporation), Rakesh Pandey(Aryavart corporation), Ms. Richa(Aryavart Corporation), Alen Maritime Institute(Bangkok's fake institute by Aryavart Corporation), Belize, Panama, Liberian and other CDC and CoC Agents and many Mishra's, Pandey's and Shukla's in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai region.

These people are enough to make your life hell. And this field of Merchant Navy does not contain much for you now, it is out dated. Better choose some other career option, don't waste your life and career to sink in the water, or just to see water all around you.

Parents, take care of your growing young child. If your Son goes to any of the agent in Mumbai, you are likely to lose him after he leaves the country. Because the first thing an agent offers is Dubai/ Malaysia/ Indonesia. Because it is easy to get the fraud visa of above mentioned countries.

Important points to be taken care of:

* Always go out on a work visa if you are going for the employment out of the country(but you can have a better chance only in India, never outside your country)

* Never pay an agent before getting the job, don't worry about the company letter(they will always be fake).

* Avoid going to Gulf countries, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangkok.

* Do not go by trafficking or on Tourist visa, or through an unauthorized person.

* Keep your family in loop with the Agency or Consultancy.

* Once you pay the agent, never even think to get a single rupee back, if he has bluffed you.

* There is now no high salaries in Marine field, you can better earn a lot somewhere else.

Thomas Yoon

Can answer questions on how equipment works. What working on board ship is like. The work on board ship. Can answer questions on working life as a Marine Engineer. Cannot answer questions on business, and questions applicable to specific countries.

Working on board cargo ships as Marine Engineer for 9 years, including 1-1/2 years as cadet, and 1 year in shipyard.

Website: which is titled Marine Engineer World.View it at Marine Engineer World

1st Class Marine Engineer Certificate of Competency (Motorship)