Maritime/Shipping/regarding eto course

Question
RESOECTED SIR,
i completed my b.tech in electronics stream with 76.27 % IN 2012 .and i applied for bp marine academy for eto course ..they told me this year(from 2012)They got approval of dg shipping for eto course.
they told me IN INDIA only thee academy have dg shipping eto course
1.ANGLO EASTERN ,
2.GREAT EASTERN
3.BP MARINE ACADEMY.
AND THEY TOLD ME THAT
They got approval of dg shipping for this eto course.
but they are not giving the surity of placement.
Here i want to know, after completed this eto course which cdc i will get.They told me that u will get indian cdc...but goverment are not giving indian cdc for eto course..IS IT TRUE OR WRONG
After get indian cdc what is the scope of eto in merchant navy for fresher.
and also tell me what is best course after doing b.tech in electronics and com. STREAM TO GET BEST POSITION IN merchant navy"
THANK U IN ADVANCE
PLEASE GIVE SOME REPLY I M VERY CONFUSED ..
I M THANKFUL FOR THIS..
MOONIS
7204519787

Answer
Dear moonis raza,

The main thing to note is that Electrical or Electronic courses do not have much scope for employment in merchant marine working onboard ship. Engineers onboard studied for marine engineering which are mechanical engineering courses.

Rgds
Thomas Yoon
http://www.free-marine.com

Maritime/Shipping

Thomas Yoon