Maritime/Shipping/career guidance

hi.i am in std 10th.its my dream to join merchant navy as an engineer.i want to about,which college to join,which coaching will be good for me as i want to get easily the job.i also want to know what are the norms of admission,what is the eligibility required.and are there any coaching for merchant navy with the 11th & 12th standard. pls do help me.

Hi Shabaz,
If you want to join as an engineer and right now you are in 10th standard, first you need to complete you 12th with good percentage and first class marks, then it will be easy to get admission in a reputed institute for Marine Engineering, which is a 4 year course.
Good companies only conduct placement service at good institutes only, obviously they hire smart and intelligent guys, focus on your 12th and keep your self update about other fields too.

And if you do B.Tech Mechanical, there is a 1 year course for Marine Engineers. But if you do Mechanical,that will work everywhere, unlike the Marine Mechanical Engineering.
Because in future, if you think to leave the field, you will have a degree which will everywhere be respected.

Sagar Sharma

Freshers should also go to the link:

Sagar Sharma

I can answer the aspirants about the current scope of Merchant Navy, and what courses they need to pursue according to their qualification, and what may be their career after choosing Merchant navy.

I have 5 years of Experience as an Electrical Engineer in Marine.

Saudi Aramco Group.

Diploma in Electronics & Electrical Engineering. Engineering in Electronics & Electrical.

Best Employee award in year 2011. Bravery award by the organisation in year 2012.

Shell Petroleum and Gulf Gas Ltd.