Maritime/Shipping/ETO course

QUESTION: Sir, I have done my engineering in ECE and I want to join merchant navy. I want to know if I can apply for course other than ETO also and which institutes re good for the courses. Since I live in NOIDA I would prefer to study somewhere close but not necessarily.

ANSWER: Dear Rajat,

For ECE guys, ETO course is of no significance, and this course is no more valid. Even some institutes in India are conducting this course, but you will not get the Indian CDC. So for an Indian citizen, it will be meaningless without Indian CDC.

QUESTION: Sir, could you then suggest me which course to pick up as an ECE engineer, because upon contacting any institute ETO is the course they are suggesting

Dear, earlier there used to be Radio officer, which was compliant for ECE guys, but the scope of Radio officer has also been lost out.

And the only option left for ECE guys is ETO, but if you don't get the Indian CDC even after spending appx 1.5 lack, then there is no benefit of doing it.

you may get other CDC like Belize, Liberian , Panama without doing any course, which have no value. And the chance of receiving a good job is also like a little spark.

If any institute is giving you Indian CDC for ETO, then it may be considered better.

Freshers should also go to the link:

Sagar Sharma

I can answer the aspirants about the current scope of Merchant Navy, and what courses they need to pursue according to their qualification, and what may be their career after choosing Merchant navy.

I have 5 years of Experience as an Electrical Engineer in Marine.

Saudi Aramco Group.

Diploma in Electronics & Electrical Engineering. Engineering in Electronics & Electrical.

Best Employee award in year 2011. Bravery award by the organisation in year 2012.

Shell Petroleum and Gulf Gas Ltd.