Maritime/Shipping/ETO course

Question
QUESTION: Sir, I have done my engineering in ECE and I want to join merchant navy. I want to know if I can apply for course other than ETO also and which institutes re good for the courses. Since I live in NOIDA I would prefer to study somewhere close but not necessarily.

ANSWER: Dear Rajat,

For ECE guys, ETO course is of no significance, and this course is no more valid. Even some institutes in India are conducting this course, but you will not get the Indian CDC. So for an Indian citizen, it will be meaningless without Indian CDC.

Thanks
Sagar

QUESTION: Sir, could you then suggest me which course to pick up as an ECE engineer, because upon contacting any institute ETO is the course they are suggesting

Rajat

Answer
Dear, earlier there used to be Radio officer, which was compliant for ECE guys, but the scope of Radio officer has also been lost out.

And the only option left for ECE guys is ETO, but if you don't get the Indian CDC even after spending appx 1.5 lack, then there is no benefit of doing it.

you may get other CDC like Belize, Liberian , Panama without doing any course, which have no value. And the chance of receiving a good job is also like a little spark.

If any institute is giving you Indian CDC for ETO, then it may be considered better.

Thanks
Sagar
Freshers should also go to the link: http://merchantnavyinstitute.blogspot.in/

Maritime/Shipping

Sagar Sharma