Maritime/Shipping/deck cadet information

QUESTION: Respectd Sir, I want to know that is this true that a rating has to do the toughest work in a ship and he will not get good accomodation and salary.
Sir, I also want to do gp rating but  i had come to hear that he had the worst work in ship and his life became hell in first 3 year.
Sir, please guide me as soon as possible. I shall be very greatful to you.

ANSWER: Dear Yogesh,
This is true whatever you heard about it. But see, merchant navy is the synonym of hardship, if you consider initial 5 years.
But joining merchant navy after doing only rating program is not advised, as you will have to work a lot, and the job after rating is also not respected.
Better study more, to the level of earning the respect, whether in Merchant navy or any other field.

You should not be worried about hardship, but about your work atmosphere and for respect, for which human beings live. And in rating, you may not get what you expect and get being in a society.

Freshers should also go to the link:

QUESTION: Sir, I also want to know that joining merchant navy as deck cadet is a good job option after doing 10+2 in science?
And what is the pay scale of a deck cadet? Sir, I also want to know that,  what is the procedure to get admission on merchant navy/

Dear Yogesh,
Yes it is better to join as a deck cadet than as a rating candidate.
But only if you get admission in a reputed institute, where good companies approach for campus placement, otherwise if you only complete the course and think that you may get a good job from the market, it is really tough.

So, choose a good institute before shelling out money and investing you time, also take care what is the market demand before you choose any course.

Freshers should also go to the link:  

Sagar Sharma

I can answer the aspirants about the current scope of Merchant Navy, and what courses they need to pursue according to their qualification, and what may be their career after choosing Merchant navy.

I have 5 years of Experience as an Electrical Engineer in Marine.

Saudi Aramco Group.

Diploma in Electronics & Electrical Engineering. Engineering in Electronics & Electrical.

Best Employee award in year 2011. Bravery award by the organisation in year 2012.

Shell Petroleum and Gulf Gas Ltd.