Maritime/Shipping/future scope of merchant navy

Question
Sir,

I'm a final year B.tech student of mechanical engineering, i want to pursue my career in merchant navy as GME. I want to know what is the future prospects of career as GME. Also, i have heard that the recession have struck merchant navy as well and there are very fewer jobs for the freshers these days. So, is it true?

waiting for your reply.

Ravi Bhardwaj

Answer
Dear Mr. Ravi,
You can pursue GME, but it is an expensive curse to do, and there are not lots of job in the market for the freshers, so it is not easy to get the job after doing such an expensive course.

Even you have also completed 4 years in Mechanical engg. So now a days its better go in merchant navy, only if you have some support or jack. otherwise you will downgrade yourself in finding the job.

Thanks
Sagar

Maritime/Shipping

Sagar Sharma