Marketing/new product marketing

Mr. Ray:

I am an independent inventor in St. George, Utah.  I have developed a new kind of school notepaper that is intended to encourage students to outline and otherwise manage and work with their class notes, leading to more effective study habits and, hopefully, better grades.  This device is protected by US Pat. D667,497.  Attached are files showing the notepaper leaf, applications sheet, and the patent publication.

This product will compete with conventional school notepaper in either loose-leaf or spiral notebook format; however, conventional notepaper does not offer the unique features of my product.  I believe that students from middle school through college level and beyond can benefit from this product.  The potential market is substantial.

At present, I am in the process of test marketing this product online in loose-leaf format.  You can find my adds at and  My price point is $5.50 for 100 sheets and $6.50 for 140 sheets.  

I do not have a background in marketing or business and I am wondering how to best promote and commercialize this product.  I'm concerned that web-based marketing is not the optimum venue for this item and I may be spinning my wheels trying to sell it online.  

I would appreciate your ideas on promoting this product to high school and college students.  What are the chances that a major retailer would agree to stock this item, since it has no track record?  Do you think this is a niche product that would appeal to only a certain demographic of students?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I saw this question appear in a question "pool" although it looks like it might be directed toward a "Mr. Ray." I'm a new expert on here and wanted to invite you to address this question directly to me (so it shows up under my stats). You can read my reviews so far and see that I'm batting 1000. I'd love to take a stab at your question and have quite an extensive background in this area. Hope all is well!

G Pierce

My profile link is below

G Pierce

If it pertains in any capacity to marketing, I can answer your questions. Many of the reasons people seek my counsel is because I actually answer questions while giving direction. Many of you may have questions because you are literally still in the starting blocks. Some of you may have a brand that is forty years-old and are desperately seeking to breathe new life into your efforts and visibility. You will always see enthusiasm in my answers regardless of what level you are at. I've had a great deal of success through my career and have helped countless others along the way. I do this because I get excited about helping others and my passion will always be conveyed in my answers. While they may not always be what you'll want to hear, I'll alway base my answers on fact in lieu of emotion. Many of you might have questions about how and when to market yourself. You may be looking for real-life guerilla marketing approaches. Others may want to reconcile how they want to be viewed with how they are actually viewed. Whether it pertains to public relations, advertising or marketing—all of these are areas that I am comfortable sharing my knowledge.

G Pierce received his start at the headquarters for the world's largest US-Hispanic advertising agency, Bromley Communications. There, he conceptualized and managed the brands of clients such as Proctor & Gamble, Nestlé, Coors, General Mills, Reynolds and numerous others. A few years later, G Pierce would start his own brand strategy company, Sharjah Brand Knew, in order to provide consultation on marketing, advertising, and public relations for clients both in the US and abroad. His clients include opera singers, major league gamers, musicians, artists and anyone else he feels might mesh well with his talents. Recently, he launched a company called Who Knew Cities that is now his primary focus. Who Knew Cities allows 100 locally owned businesses per city to promote themselves on a pristine and powerful website, for $10 per year and has already received numerous awards and the eyes of countless investors.

G Pierce speaks at universities and serves as his own organization, pulling unique speakers along the way to share their knowledge and skill sets.

Graphic Design USA—American Graphic Design Awards Who Knew Cities online (

G Pierce went to St. Andrew's College in North Carolina where he studied international politics and business.

G Pierce has had work published in national magazines, been featured on television weekly and his newest venture, Who Knew Cities has been awarded best local website by the editors of San Antonio Magazine, where the company planted its roots.

Proctor & Gamble, Nestlé, Reynolds, General Mills, Coors, Shannon Curtis, Art Incorporated, Contects Architects, NAdler's Bakery, Eric Violette (Free Credit Report band) and too many to list.