Marketing/Public Speaking Engagements

Question
Hi Rick,

I operate a personal training business in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and in the last 4 years, I've quadrupled my business. I owe 90-95% of that to public speaking. I currently do 3-6 speaking engagements per month, but these happen by accident. I don't really have a consistent, repeatable system for getting speaking engagements.

In the past, when I've approached corporations to give even free talks on exercise and nutrition, I've been turned down. The most common objections being that they're either already working with a company that does that, or that they only do presentations on topics related to their company.

I do have some leverage, having spoken to some very large companies here, but I still want to be able to generate speaking engagements on demand (and ideally, those would be delivered to financial advisors, engineers, and medical personnel... those 3 have been the most profitable personal training clients).

Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Answer
Hi Igor,
Congratulations on the success you've had so far!

This is a very detailed question and I don't have enough information about what you're doing already to give you tips and ideas quickly in this forum.

Would you please send me links to your website and any existing social pages you have been using as well as a link to any content you may already have published like on YouTube, etc.?

I will review them and give you some specific ideas to improve what you're already doing.

This is a very busy month for me, but you can try to find a free spot in my calendar so that we can chat briefly on phone.  go to rickhubbard.youcanbook.me and set up a free consult.

You can start by just sending me some links if you prefer.

Thanks,
Rick

Marketing

Rick Hubbard