How do I know the correct keywords for which I should optimize my web site?

Hey, Clayton.

It's actually quite easy. If you were searching for your services or products, what would you search on?

There is no limit to keywords, so use them all!

However, Google, Yahoo, and Bing are really smart nowadays, so you don't have to use both plurals and singulars.

Take my Photographic Art as an example. By using the keyword "Photographic Art Russel Ray Photos San Diego California" the search engines will pick up searches on
"Photographic Art"
"Russel Ray"
"Russel Ray Photos"
"Art San Diego"
"Russel Ray San Diego"
"California Art"
"San Diego Art"

and any number of other iterations.

In the past, we had to use keywords like
"san diego"
"russel ray"

Hope that helps.

Russel Ray

I can answer questions about all marketing although my specialty is Guerrilla Marketing. If you don't have the budget of Wal-Mart, you need Guerrilla Marketing. If you're not familiar with Guerrilla Marketing, the premise is that you can do what the big boys do, but less expensively, if you're willing to use your time, energy, and creativity.

42 years of experience marketing companies that I have founded, developed and sold, starting with my research and typing service for college students when I was 10.

Graduate of Texas A&M University