Hi there!

I've recently started a business that delivers groceries to peoples homes, which is mainly focused towards busy families and seniors who may not be able to drive. This is the basic model. The customer calls us, tells us their grocery list, we go and buy it, deliver it to them, they reimburse the cost of groceries plus a $20 service fee.

I know the customers are out there, I just don't know how to reach them and advertise effectively. What would you recommend. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice you have for me. Thank you

Hi Pratik,
This could be a really detailed and long response... I'll go over the basics where you can start.

I'll assume you have a website. If not, you need to start there. Make sure your website has a responsive design (mobile friendly).
Second, you should set up social media sites. Start with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and FourSquare to get word out for free if possible or you can pay a very reasonable amount to Facebook to get likes to your page, boost your posts and offers, and get clicks to your website.
It may be difficult to reach seniors online, but you CAN reach their families and caregivers on social media to spread the word.
I would suggest setting up a specific landing page to send people to who respond to your ads and offers. It's not always best to send everyone straight to your homepage, but you can definitely put a Call to Action (CTA) on all your web pages to get visitors to take a desired action.
Example CTA might be a relevant image of your service with a short headline and description and a button they can click if they are interested in your offer.
An example offer might be: "Do you have a hard time getting your own groceries? Get your groceries delivered straight to your home for only $20!"
Don't forget to add an image and the button could be "Click for more info" or "sign up now". You may also want to consider using an incentive like giving them their first delivery for free to try out your service.

You may also want to try calling on assisted living homes, churches, senior centers, schools, PTA meetings, Homeowners association meetings in target neighborhoods, or even call large companies and try to get them to let you market to their busy employees.

Finally, because you'll be serving local areas, I would strongly recommend setting up free or cheap profiles on every local directory you can find. Examples are: Yelp, Yahoo Local, Google Places, Merchant Circle, Yellow Pages, etc. has a great service to get your business listed on 50+ big directories all at one time by entering in your information once on Yext and they republish info out to all their partner directories.

I hope this helps give you some ideas on how to get started!

Rick Hubbard

I can answer virtually any question about marketing with special expertise in the following areas: Educational based marketing, internet marketing, search engine optimization, sales process and management,analytics, testing, grassroots campaigns, referrals, lead generation, reputation management, customer awareness guides, graphic design, branding,and all types of advertising.

I have been in direct sales and direct response marketing for over 25 years in several industries at all levels from sales rep to CMO. I am currently the managing partner of Integrity Based Marketing in Frisco, TX, which services clients all over the world. The concepts we teach have been proven in all industries, but I have very specific knowledge and am currently working with clients in the following industries: Radio, Remodeling, Dentistry, Legal, Technology, Electronic Health Records, Oil & Gas, Carpet Cleaning, Replacement Windows, Pool Cleaning & Service, Handyman.

Internet Marketing Association, DFW Marketing and Advertising, SEO, Yext Certified Partner, HubSpot Certified Partner

I studied business at Stephen F Austin State University and have attended MANY professional marketing courses, groups, seminars across the country. I truly learn something new everyday especially when it comes to using technology in marketing.