Marketing/Setting up a sales website

Question
Hi Amy,

I'm not 100% sure if this is something you can help me with but here goes!

I just want a simple 2 page website that has a sales funnel.  So basically wanted to know if there is a service that exists that would allow me to do all of the below at once -

1. setup a hyper link from an eBook to my website (I think I just need a domain & hosting for this),
2. to a 'landing page' for signing up email addresses,
3. after signup a page that allows a) the download of a FREE eBook and/or b) hyper links back to other eBooks on sale in Amazon & finally,
4. the ability to send an occasional newsletter to the email list when new eBooks come out.

It sounds so simple but I'm guessing the initial setup will be a bit time consuming.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa.

Answer
Lisa,

What you are looking to do can be done using a content management system to build your website. I use the WordPress CMS for my own sites as well as those of clients. Yes, you will need a domain and hosting company first - look for a hosting company that provides WordPress installation or a similar CMS.

You might want take a look at WordPress.org which will give you further insight into how you can build a website in a relatively short period of time using function-specific plugins for visitor sign up, eBook downloads, etc.

I wish you all the best with your business.

Amy

Marketing

Amy Lorenti