Marketing Research/query

Question
Good day
As a student of market research, what are the names of excellent guides, books, resources etc.. that can answer the following:
1. what market research tools and techniques to use for various market research issues?
2. where I find a list of the various market research tools, techniques and methods with brief descriptions and when to for various situations.

Answer
Sam - this is a good summary of market research methods and applications.  

https://www.cleverism.com/market-research-techniques-primary-secondary/

Make sure that your methods are appropriate for the questions that you want to answer.  For example, a market forecast should be based on quantitative methods.  Qualitative methods are not useful for prediction, but for understanding trends.

Conduct searches for specific types of issues.

Marketing Research

Katherine A. O'Neill