Marriage/No Love from Husband

mommy to one wrote at 2010-07-31 04:09:45
I hope things are better now.  It sounds a lot like what we went through.  I do not think it is a lack or love but a lack of communication of love.  Try this and see if it helps, it helped us a lot and was suggested by our counselor.  "The Five Love Languages"  

yo wrote at 2010-08-24 10:04:14
Hi Courtney,

I could not stop myself from sharing my own grief with you. You are not alone dear. Me and my husband are like that. I wonder if he stills love me. Every time we fight and he even slap me when I argue with him. Sometimes we do not talk for weeks. Still he just ignores me and does not ask for forgiveness. I just wish you all the best dear. I know you will not be able to bear it for long. I have tried talking to him, but nothing changed. Now, I just ignore him. Well try talked to him and see if it works dear.

JWagner wrote at 2011-02-11 20:37:44
Hello Courtney, I can relate. My husband is the same way.  I have tried talking, writing letters, and a couple of times after too much wine I have cried and yelled but it does not get through to him (not a good thing good thing to do I know0.  I think the thing that hurts most is he has no problem sharing the "I love you"s and unprompted hugs, laughs and good times with the kids or his friends (male or female), or putting there needs before mine.  Its like jabbing me with a knife. I feel like I am not worthy of his love and I am at loss as to what to do next. I don't want to leave him - I want to be the one there when he figures it all out.  

Donna wrote at 2011-10-28 17:13:02

My husband ignored me for seven months. Just a peck on the cheek, say hello, and discuss bills. I discovered he was putting all his energies into viewing pornography. He was angry that I discovered his outlet for extra curricular activities. No wonder I was being ignored and neglected for such a long time. He never had an affair, but how can you compete with picturesque women on the big screen? We have been married seven years with no children. I have been unemployed for a long time. I try to keep myself in good shape. I still don't trust him. We are in a repairing stage of our relationship. I suggest having a talk with your spouse. He is probably having a problem that he does not want to discuss with you. It could be anything from money problems, health problems, or just boredom. Fight for your marriage!

Kristina Fang wrote at 2012-09-30 02:27:18
Hi, I am Kristina,  i had this same problem you have here... Reading this really hurt because I understand you. I am in the same shoe... But worst my husband does not do anything at all... He can not even make his own coffee...

I fall, I had a affair I felt wonderful... We both fall in love and he understood me and my feelings... After my husband find out he said why why? and I told him straight out the truth.. what he done to me... I can not be close to him. He push me away or make fun of me when I wanted him the most when I was so vulnerable... He said to me " look at her face, look at her face he"  laugh at me and walk out the door from our bed room. He won't let me.. love him. It hurts me so so much..

I am happy I know this now then later when I am 60 years old... and too old I can not do nothing about it.

I love you.. because I understand the pain we as woman need sometime... And is not much just just want to be love... that's all.... Thank you everyone for reading this and everyone deserve  to be loved.. God bless..

wayani wrote at 2013-03-06 21:35:32
Hi. I am responding to the orginal post. I am in the similar situation.I have been married for 19 years and with one daughter (18) and now that she is away in college. I am planning on moving intomy own place. I educated but feel so not worth it all. I want a life of love. In 2012, I lost my beloved mother and with her passing I felt so alone and hurt that my husband understood the pain I felt.I was born to endure the Ups and downs in a marriage and pray for help...I want out,find my true self, and live, love, and laugh...