Marriage/how to handle wifes coconut/fb/photo addiction

In the past few weeks my wife has become completely addicted to coconut; binging on coconut ice-cream and desiccated coconut, she's refused sex and has even taken days off work to buy it and she sits on the bed in her lingerie eating it and occasionally even, covers herself in desiccated coconut.
I'm worried about her, I'm 28 and she's 29, we've been together since I was 21 and she was 22 and we live in St.Paul, Minnesota.
She spends hours shopping buying coconut ice-cream, desiccated coconut and coconut chocolate bars.

She also posts selfies of herself covered in the stuff on Facebook and Twitter and people post complaints about it,
She's even asked me to dress like this but I told her no.
This is the picture of the outfit she asked me to wear:

I told her no but she insisted I have to wear it one day and she will put the photos on Facebook; however, that outfit is not for males to wear. She even insisted she'd get me false breasts and a fake vagina, but I told her no.

Talking to her about why she does this didnt get anywhere; she just said we can't talk about this.

Her boss actually rang me to ask why she hadn't shown up in 3 days in a row to work, and I said she was off ill - she thanked me for it.

I worry she may have some bipolar/mental illness to be singularly addicted to the stuff as well as the other odd behavior. She looks like Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison off Homeland slightly, so my marrying her is a bit of a "funny aneurysm moment" (look it up on Google).

However, I want my marriage to work, for richer, for poorer, sickness and in health, so how can I help her?

Her mom has become concerned about her and the weight she's putting on. Her dad thinks this is out-of-character for her; I get on very well with her parents. I only mentioned it in private to them during a little family party, out of earshot of her.

What problems will this cause financially and mentally for her, I've never heard of coconut addiction before.

I miss the old her; sunny, bright, optimistic, do you think it will come back or not?

If you were in this situation what would you do? I'd appreciate the help.

Divorce isn't an option for me as I want to work at my marriage, we've only been married 18 months now.

Hi Steve~

Something has sent your wife over the edge.  It's certainly not normal for her to be behaving like this and being so obsessed, if you will, by all things coconut. It does sound as though she's having some sort of issue with a mental breakdown.  But what's causing her to do this and to act out is a mystery.  I supposed a person can be obsessed with just about anything, even coconuts.  She's obviously trying to fill a void in her life with coconuts.  I still have to shake my head as I try to answer this question for you.  

It has become so much of a problem, that now it's beginning to affect her every day life, so much so that she's now missing work and going and buying coconuts when she should be working.  I think you need to sit down with her parents in private and figure out how you all want to approach this with her.  It might be time to do an intervention and to have her committed and checked out for her and your safety and well-being.  If you contact a mental health facility, they might be able to do an involuntary commitment with your consent since you're married to her.  If she doesn't at least get evaluated it could get way worse, and you don't want that weighing on your conscience.  I'm sure this is one of the last things you want to do, but if you can help your wife in anyway, do it.  She might be angry at you when she hears about your intentions, but down the road, if it helps her to come out of this coconut frenzy/obsession, then it'll be worth it.  You just want and need your wife back, and clearly she's not in the right frame of mind to care for herself, so you have to take matters into your own hands and see if you can do something about it.  It's at least worth a try.  Get her parents on your side to back you up and to support you.  I hope this helps you some.  

I can answer most any type of questions relating to marriage and relationships. I have been divorced and I`m happily remarried. I have been through many things throughout the years. I will try to offer solutions to a problem you have whether it be; divorce, adultery, advice on a spouse, etc. I`d be happy to answer, to the best of my ability, any questions you might have. I promise to be unbiased and non-judgemental. As I like to remain neutral and try to see things from every angle possible and keep an open mind.

I have been a volunteer for all experts for over 10 yrs now. I volunteer in 2 catagories/topics involving marriage type issues. I have helped a lot of people.