Marriage/Why is my husband travelling to Canada so often?

Question
I've been with my husband for 5 years, we were a couple for 4 years prior to that. I'm 36 and work as a local Chevrolet promotions/PR member here in Minnesota; my husband works in a local burger bar/Indian restaurant (one and the same, actually).
Recently he's been spending time travelling to Canada, a lot, without me, which seems so odd and out-of-character; if he had friends there, I could understand, but he doesn't. I know because I found receipts for Canadian Burger King and Tim Hortons shops in the back of our Chevy Cruze (as a company car, I have a Chevrolet Impala).
It doesn't seem like he's having an affair; visits to Burger King, Tim Horton's and Sears Canada (from receipts found) and a local wi-fi seem to suggest something's going on, but I can't quite work out what.

If he isn't travelling for work or to see friends, why would he cross the border for this reason and why would there be $300 in Canadian banknotes in the car (unspent)?

From where we live (don't know what state you're in), Canada is, like, a 2-hour drive away.

He doesn't seem to have any behavior changes or anything that could allay suspicion.

I did have a conversation with him, trying to see what, if anything was going on with him, but he wouldn't elaborate, he looked embarrassed and his face went red.

I want our marriage to work, we've been a couple for a long time, but what would you say is going on, could he have issues like stress or depression (but nothing seems to suggest that) and how would you handle my situation?

Answer
Hi Karla~

I think I'd be concerned too, if I were in your situation.  I would be questioning my husband on why he was frequently going over the boarder to Canada.  My suspicions would be another woman, if I'm being honest here.  Why else would he go there on a regular basis?  I think I'd have to confront him once more and question him as to why he's going there.  As you said, he doesn't have friends or business there, so why is he going.  I can guarantee you there IS a reason he's doing it.  The question to find out is the why.  Does he go there b/c he likes the area?  Does he think it's beautiful and he enjoys hanging out there?  What and why is the burning question. And it's not like it's only a half an hour drive either.  That I could understand as well.  He owes you an explanation at the very least, you're his wife, you need to know important things, like why is he driving so far (2 hours just to eat is a bit much in my opinion)?

If he's not trying to hide anything, then he should be able to give you a reasonable explanation as to why he's doing this.  How would he feel if the shoe were on the other foot, and it was you driving 2 hours to eat and you doing this on a very regular basis.  I'm sure he'd be curious and questioning what you were up to.  Try to talk to him and see where it goes.  He needs to know how this is affecting you.  And what you're willing and unwilling to put up in this marriage.  He could be up to no good, or it could be an explanation behind all this.  I hope this helps you some.  

Marriage

Samantha