Marriage/Wife and hyperactivity issues

For the past fortnight my wife's been behaving strangely, showing bouts of hyperactivity, and overspending (250 on sports bras in one afternoon, 40 on crisps the next day), and become obsessed with dancing around the house in sports bras and hotpants for me - it might seem sexy to some, but a nightmare to me!
Sex is nonexistent, and she spends hours being hyperactive, having disco music playing 10pm until 8am, including The andrea true connection.

We've been married for 6 months now, this is recent.

Getting her to see a doctor is downright impossible as she thinks they're "cranks".

She's also obsessed with spending; sports bras/hotpants and Diet Coke are her two biggest spending pulls - she spends ages buying these.

I am worried about her mental health and want to be a caring husband, how do I get back the old, happy, sensible, funloving her?

I need the wisdom of Solomon to deal with this, please can you help, I'd appreciate it.

Hi Matt~

Is she willing to sit down with you and have a serious heart to heart talk with her?  Or do you think she's become mentally unstable?  If it's the latter then you might have a bit of a challenge on your hands.  I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the US.  If a spouse thinks their husband/wife is not right mentally and he/she has become a danger to themselves or others, the spouse can have them committed to an institution for a 72 hour hold and they will do an evaluation on said spouse.  That can be challenging at times though.  If you think she's gone mental, then you might be able to do that.  If not, then you're only other option is to try to talk some sense into her.  

If she seems of sound mind and body (which doesn't seem like it given what you've described), then you can try to talk to her and figure out why she's acting out.  Maybe she's going through a mid-life crisis, sometimes that happens to a person.   And they end up doing things that are way out of character for them, by cutting their hair, dressing in inappropriate or attention getting clothing, getting tattoos, etc and that list goes on and on.  This could be what's going on with her, but it's really hard to say for sure.

As for the obsessive spending she's doing, you could try to limit or completely put an end to giving her access to money (I don't know how well she'll take that, probably not very good).  Are you close to her family or friends, that could help you do an intervention to help her?  You need to get a support system in place if you can for both you and your wife.  I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you.  And how helpless this must make you feel.  I hope this helps you some.  

I can answer most any type of questions relating to marriage and relationships. I have been divorced and I`m happily remarried. I have been through many things throughout the years. I will try to offer solutions to a problem you have whether it be; divorce, adultery, advice on a spouse, etc. I`d be happy to answer, to the best of my ability, any questions you might have. I promise to be unbiased and non-judgemental. As I like to remain neutral and try to see things from every angle possible and keep an open mind.

I have been a volunteer for all experts for over 10 yrs now. I volunteer in 2 catagories/topics involving marriage type issues. I have helped a lot of people.