Marriage/Employment in Marriage

Question
My wife and i have been married for 3 years next month. She has two boys, 8 and 6, from a previous marriage. She has recently been diagnosed with hypoglycemia and gluten intolerance which require special diets that can be more expensive. She also suffers from headaches and has found supplements that help. All these things and medical bills have put us in debt and i am having a hard time keeping up with my current employment. I have been asking her to help, which she has some, till i find something better. Two days ago she freaked out on me and told me it is not her responsibility to make up for what i am unable to provide. Her boys are in school and gone for most of the summer. I never asked her to work full time but she has time to do something. I am looking for better work and have applied for new positions. I told her that it is absolutely no one elses responsibility but hers to make up for what i am unable to do. Am i wrong? I feel like i married the wrong woman now. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Austin,

Difficult things happen in marriage. It doesn't automatically mean that you have married the wrong person. I think in this situation you should probably sit down with a 3rd party to help you guys figure out this dilemma. It doesn't sound like it's something that you both will be able to work out. I think a budget is in order if you don't have one yet as well.

Doc David

www.DavidSimonsen.net  

Marriage

Dr. David Simonsen