Martial Arts/Freeze up


I was wondering what type of training or martial arts discipline/style would you recommend to best help someone who "freezes up" due to fear/adrenaline/shock during physical/violent confrontations?
Thank you.

It really depends on how diversified the teacher is.  The background or the martial arts instructor is very important.  You want a teacher who trained in several martial arts which includes quarters self defense training on a realistic level.  They would know how to train out fears that may cause a person to panic and teach the student how to use that fear to take action.

Martial Arts

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marvin German


I can answer questions regarding self defense techniques in close quarter situations.


I am a master of Bo fung do Kung Fu. A master in Hy kiat kung fu. A third degree bb in Dan zan ryu Jujitsu, a first degree bb in Judo. I am also a certifiled law enforcement trainer, female self defense instructor and self defense judge.

United State Judo Association, (Jujitsu Division)

BA in creative communications from Suny Old Westbury University, Associates degree from Kelly's Religious Institute

Awards and Honors
Winner of the Long Ilsand Karate Championships, Black belt division in weapons forms and Self defense

©2017 All rights reserved.