Martial Arts/Armour vs Martial Arts

Question
hello sir,
         at first i want to tell something about me to understand the topic better i am or say i was an avid lover and practitionar of martial arts basically every thing and style that i think helps to improve me my body my conditioning i remain thinking more and more about body,its powers and how to be no. 1 and always found that every style is incomplete so i want to create my own style not like all others but which truley gives a power that will not diminish with age thats from yog not yoga.i suceeded in doing so.
         Now sir the problem starts now as i move further i found every  body toughen exrcise worthless cause it decreses with time and have bad impact on body and then i found the information about the armours that one can wear and give full protection to wearer from knife,gun bullet etc and i say wow thats the thing i am searching for no martial art will save me from knife,bullet or blades thats the best and than i have only to know some basic moves to attack cause i dont have to defend my self than from that  day sir my motivation as well as interest in martial arts drop to a big level and i found that i am not that student that i was before i want to ask you
1.is really armour is better than martial arts
2.is armour is better than to toughen the body by giving excess time and pain and gain nothing but problems for old age
3.i plans to be armoured while on street and to do yog instead of martial arts cause my ultimate aim is self realisation
         What do you suggest,thank you

Answer
Hello, ans. to part 1. Armour is only as good as the person who wears it.  Regardless of what you read, Armour can not protect you from everything.  There various knife attacks that can penetrate Armour, such as the over hand knife attack. Ans. 2, It sounds like you done a lot of exercise to toughen the body. You should train yourself to relax on impact.  This will protect the body better. Ans. 3, If you should decide to buy Armour, remember to use it with you self defense knowledge and not instead.  I hope I was able to give to you some in sight to you questions.

Be well.

Martial Arts

Marvin German