Martial Arts/identify staff or stick?

Question
Mike I recently purchased a short staff or stick at an estate sale. It measures 26 1/2 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. It is somewhat octagon shape and looks to be really old. On one side of it there are oriental markings in circles etc that look to have been burned into the wood. I think maybe it use to be longer and was cut down or broke in half not sure. I would love to know if it was a staff and what it says in the marks. Can you read orient? I will attach a photo later if you like I didn't have one at the moment to post. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Answer
Sorry, I can only read English. You might be better off seeking a language expert. I'd recommend contacting an expert here on AllExperts for Chinese or Japanese language. They will likely be able to read it or, at least, identify the specific ethnic origin and then you can seek an expert in that language.

Martial Arts

Mike Casto