Martial Arts/The moves

Question
Hello! I am an 8th grader in school and I am doing a Genius Hour project, and I am gathering information, but i have a question. What moves were created to counteract the effect of guns to close combat fighting? Any information would be helpful. Thank you!

Answer
Sorry for the delayed response. I have had a busy week attending a friend's wedding and a lot of travel.

Most systems of martial arts have at least a handful of methods to remove the gun from its user's grip. Of course, the risk is very high and the person with the gun must be close enough to reach. If the gunman is outside the reach of empty hands, the danger involved in closing the distance increases the danger a lot .

I, and every martial arts instructor I know, advises, "Unless you're sure you're about to get shot, give the person whatever they want in the way of material possessions." Money, clothes, jewelry, cars, etc. can be replaced.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Martial Arts

Mike Casto