Masonry/Brick Laying/Speed block vs. Standard block

Rick Drake wrote at 2010-05-13 08:13:08
Although it is true that a standard can be truer, It is not stronger, and it will use more mortar and less concrete. A speed block or "Grout lock", can have small variance's witch can be dealt with if only one side is exposed, it can make a stronger wall for there is no joint between the block as in a standard and the is more concrete in the block. And a speed block is easier to lay because the is only a bed joint to deal with  

Randy the mason wrote at 2013-02-28 06:32:15
speed block work s just as good but way faster.IF it is poured solid like a standard block wall..they are made of the same product,,and actually they become stronger than a standard block i think because you more bond strength from the concrete then the block web blocking the pour on each end .

Masonry/Brick Laying

Dan Donavin