Masonry/Brick Laying/top for brickwork

Question
Joan
The front of my house is finished in bricks half way up from ground level, and vinyl siding to the roof. The top of the bricks, where they met the siding, had a strip of flashing. It became warped so I cut it off what I could, except for the inside part which was  tucked under the siding.
Now I need something to replace it as the ezposed tops of the bricks, with holes, are visible.
I dont want to use flashing again. Should I get a piece of siding or wood to cover it? Or maybe some type of cement type topping over the bricks-something I could do myself.
Hope you understand, thanks for your thoughts!

Answer
Thank you for your question Sue.

I would like to recommend the use of a limestone window sill to cover the exposed bricks. These sills may be custom made and are easy to install with the use of masonry cement.

Limestone is a preferred product considering that cement and wood are highly absorbent and therefore could deteriorate with time.

Please take appropriate measurements and see your local brick and stone distributor for a quote to consider the costs. Installing these sills yourself will save you money, for labor is the part that costs the most.

Good luck with your project.

Best Regards,

Joan Miller

Masonry/Brick Laying

Joan Miller