Massage/illness, infection and Massage

telanya wrote at 2014-11-02 06:34:48
That is not true about massage and cancer. It very beneficial for cancer patients to have some kind of touch, even if it is  just putting hands on them or a very slow light effleurage.      There has been updated information that massage does not spread cancer. I am a massage therapy student and a RN. Nothing helps more to a person's spirit than to have someone touch them when they are ill.

I can answer questions about exercise rehab, remedial (therapeutic/deep tissue) and general relaxation massage therapy, sports related massage therapy and any questions about massage in general.

I'm a registered massage therapist and have been for a few years now, I'm also an active athlete and know how to tie health and massage together. I have training in relaxation massage, remedial massage, pre and post event sports massage, problems in the lower legs of athletes, some thai massage, soft tissue manipulation, a small amount of pregnancy massage, exercise rehab and kinesiology, anything about the human body and how it operates, and I even have a small background in myofascial release. Currently I am in the process of becoming a certified personal trainer as well.

MTAS is my association here in Canada

Two years of massage school as well as various seminars and educational lectures and working out in the real world and dealing with situations everyday.