Massage/Massage at home

I really like massages, especially facial massages. I don't want to go see some one every time I want a massage. How can I get myself a facial massage at home?

Hi Patrick,

There are good books and possibly videos available through libraries, Kindle books at Amazon (and if you don't have a Kindle, Amazon also has free reader apps), and videos on YouTube. has a wealth of information.  I just searched there and found this listing of do it yourself facial massage videos:

I have seen articles in the past in magazines that were quite good, too.

If you have had facial massage before, you already have a pretty good idea of what happens and how it feels.

If you don't want to do it yourself, get a friend or family member to trade.

Kathryn Merrow

I can respond to questions about migraines and headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, hand-wrist-arm pain, upper back pain, and other assorted and miscellaneous pain symptoms. I can also respond to general questions about massage and how to select a massage therapist.

I have been a massage therapist since 1992 specializing primarily in pain relief techniques. I utilize the St. John Method of Neuromuscular Massage Therapy (NMT) and other bodywork modalities. I'm The Pain Relief Coach online.

Professional Member of American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCTMB)

My initial training in massage was at Health Enrichment Center in Lapeer, Michigan. I have had advanced training or workshops with Kurashova Institute for Studies in Physical Medicine, St. John Neuromuscular Institute of Pain Relief, Center for Self-Healing and many others. I now share my education and experience as a Massage Instructor and Pain Relief Coach.

The highest honor I receive is when someone tells me that they finally understand why they had pain, that they took action and that their pain is either less or is totally gone.

I have done well over 20,000 therapeutic massage sessions, primarily with clients with various types of pain or painful syndromes.