Massage/massage therapy as a career

Question
good evening ma'am. I'm a wife of an ofw, 47 year old currently enrolled po as message therapist under TESDA.gusto kolang po sana magkaron ng extra income and wondering if I could land a job sa mga spa or even work abroad. but then I also learned na kailangan pa magtake ng exam sa DOH to be a licensed massage therapist. my question is should I finish my course? should I enroll in various review center to be a DOH-LMT? I also learned na may age limit ang mga nina-accept sa mga spa, if that's the case how will I get my 2-yrs work experience required abroad.as an expert po, may future pa kaya ako as massage therapist o hindi na po ito advisable sakin?

Answer
Thanks Teresa for your email.

If you plan to use it as a full time career here and abroad (especially abroad) they require a DOH license but unfortunately if you are already 47  years old, sad but true, you have a little less opportunity abroad because normally they (employers) require from 21 to around 28 years old plus mostly with a medical experience like nurses, physical therapists, caregivers, medical technologists. You have a shot to make it in the industry but it will take patience, determination and passion. If you want to know more about what other avenues of opportunity lies for you. You can visit my blog www.yunesa.com or www.spabusinessresource.com

It would also really help if you would read first my book "The Spa, Massage Therapy and Wellness Resource Book and Career Guide" by Eunice Estipona. It is available at all National Bookstores, Powerbooks and Fullybooked natiowide. It is also available on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

God speed,

Eunice

Massage

Eunice