Massage/Aromatherapy Massage after hysterectomy

I have been ask to to provide a lady with relaxing Aromatherapy Massage on the shoulders, arms, neck and upper back.

The lady had a hysterectomy last week.

Would it be safe to say yes; please?  
Roger Daniels

Good morning Roger

Thank you for your question.  This is out of my field-but the only answer I would give anybody in your position: protect yourself first.

If anything goes wrong after the surgery; you'll be the first option to crucify.

I'd say wait for at least two months before attempting any treatments on her.

Alternatively, ask the patient to get a letter from her surgeon that your treatment is safe and cannot influence any other medical condition.

I don't know if I've answered your question or not; but that's how I would handle it if it were me.

Cheers for Auckland
New Zealand

Specialist sports massage practitioner dealing with the limitations of massage and it`s application supporting the training regime of elite athletes.

Twenty years sports massage experience. I have world title holders among my clients and several international gold medalists. Experienced with ballet dancers, aerobic teachers, track and field athletes, stamina and endurance athletes, martial artists-to name a few!

Please feel free to check out an expose of my work at: