Masturbation/Why do I feel this way.

Question
I can't think of why I feel this way but since I obviously know about masturbation like everybody else, I've been feeling guilty, depressed, and even scared about the extremely powerful masturbatory joy I experienced in my childhood and teenage years as well as a few noteworthy experiences in recent years. It doesn't make any since to me whatsoever why I'm now feeling this bad about masturbation because while I was growing up I was never told that masturbation was wrong or sinful and never made to feel bad about it in any other way in fact during my childhood, I literally thought I was the only person in the entire world who was stimulating my genitals, and since I didn't yet have the word 'masturbation' in my vocabulary at the time I called it "Naa Naa" especially because I was already fantasizing about other guys at such a young age(starting at age four and five for me). Since I was never taught to feel bad about masturbating but now do so in my adulthood(age 30 by now), could this maybe be some kind of sexual anxiety that perhaps I'm not aware of? Also, I now find myself hesitant to enjoy masturbation, and I'm wondering if this means that maybe, for whatever reason, I might be scared of the psychological and spiritual pleasure that I feel also comes w/ extremely intense masturbation sessions. Of course I also know that masturbation is an important part of growing up and learning about one's sexuality but now that I'm older and feeling strange and upset about my childhood and teenage masturbatory joy, as an adult, it's caused me to feel like a shell of my former childhood and teenage self and made me feel as if I'm some kind of community that has never fully recovered from a catastrophic natural disaster

Answer
Hello again David,
I'm sorry but I'm not a trained counselor or therapist. We are all just volunteers. My expertise deals with helping people masturbate, I'm afraid I just don't know much about sexual disorders or anxieties. It certainly sounds to me like you have way too much time to think about all of this stuff. If you don't have a full time job or active social life I would encourage you to work at that, because this amount of self-analysis over this sort of this is a bit unhealthy. It's likely the more you think about it/analyze it the worse it will get, sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.
For more in-depth advice about why you may be dealing with this anxiety I would recommend seeing a licensed counselor.
Good luck!
-Heather

Masturbation

Heather Smith