Masturbation/late bloomer for masturbating

Question
QUESTION: You say that you don't believe that any male over 16 isn't masturbating. I didn't masturbate until I was 17. The first time I had sex was the first time that I reached orgasm. Is this uncommon? I know that all of my friends masturbated, but I didn't know how to reach orgasm. So yes I was masturbating, I guess, but I wasn't even good enough to keep it going to orgasm. Now as an adult, I know I masturbate sometimes daily, but sometimes I guess I have a low libido, and I just don't. I just feel like it is weird that the first time I had sex was also my first orgasm. It was a crazy experience. Thanks for your help, and I am being honest, so maybe others are too when they say they don't reach orgasm when they masturbate. I often wonder if I never had sex, would I have ever figured it out? I don't think I would have, and if I didn't, man I would have a WAY different life!

Thanks for anything you can say on this!

ANSWER: I said that I would be greatly suspicious of any male over 16 who claims he doesn't masturbate.  Probably over 14.  You were a late bloomer, I suppose.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.  However, acknowledge that it's unusual to have your first orgasm at age 17 from sexual intercourse.  Your sexual history is different from that of most males, and I don't suppose there's anything wrong with that either.  But be glad you know now!

QUESTION: It was what I thought as well, a late bloomer, but I had hit puberty in every other place, voice changed, pubic hair, growth spurts, etc.

I was just wondering if I didn't have that first sexual experience, cause obviously I was ABLE to reach orgasm, I just NEVER did. If I never had that girl "show" or "get me there" would I have ever gotten there?

Sorry for the other question...

ANSWER: I don't see the point in debating "what-ifs."  You're here now.  I suspect if you hadn't bounced that girl, there would have been a point when you discovered how to fire the gun.  Were you having wet dreams before the first orgasm you talked about earlier?  According to a survey of over 5000 males by HealthyStrokes.com since 2009, 82 percent have their first ejaculation from masturbating, 14 percent from wet dreams, and only 3 percent from sexual contact with another person.

QUESTION: no, I wasn't having wet dreams. I never had an orgasm. I guess I am part of 3 percent. You are right, I shouldn't do what ifs, I guess falling into that 3 percent is what scared me. thanks for your helpl.

Answer
How unusual that you went through puberty as normal but weren't ejaculating.  A majority of males say ejaculation was either the first or second of five steps that happened in puberty (ejaculation, growing pubic and body hair, growing taller, voice change, and growing facial hair).  

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.