Masturbation/Masturbating

Question
I am 14 and have been masturbating sense i turned 13 but i have just been more relying on the clitoris but as i come to realize i want more satisfaction,i have had clitoris orgasms i'm not sure if that's what it is. but it feels good for a while then i have this big moment and then its like i cant touch it anymore. so i am wondering what i can do to get more out of masturbating!?
also one other question how do you know if your hymen is broke? or is there even a way to know? because i know a lot of girls have already broken there hymen without even knowing it by playing sports.

Answer
It is normal to not be able to touch your clitoris after your orgasm.  The same thing happens to males.  When they have an orgasm, their penis gets too sensitive to be touched, and so they have to stop masturbating.  That is a sign of good sexual health.  After a brief refractory period, you can masturbate again.  Some girls who are able to have multiple orgasms keep masturbating but during the time the clitoris is too sensitive, they just stroke their labia and other erogenous zones.  Then when the clitoris is no longer sensitive, they go back to stroking it.  You are young and inexperienced and I think you will figure all this out soon.

You can look at your hymen with the help of one or more mirrors and possibly a speculum.  Most girls break their hymens before they ever have sex.  They are still virgins until they have sex for the first time regardless of the condition of the hymen.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.