Masturbation/daughter

Question
Hi, I am a single dad with a 12 year old daughter and have a huge guilt.  My daughter is developing and I kind of was semi prepared for this.  I work from home and generally spend an hour or so most evenings in my office after dinner working while my daughter watches tv.  We live miles from anywhere so after school clubs are difficult.  We are close and open, recently discussing sex related subjects in some detail.  The last few weeks have been difficult, one evening I walked past the lounge to get a drink and glanced in, my daughter was on the sofa with her back to the door and had a cushion between her thighs and humping it.  I walked away but couldn't get the image from my mind.  Another evening I walked by and she was on her front on the sofa and was rubbing her panty crotch furiously, another time she was sat in the corner again and rubbing her panties again.  I sound like a perv and to be honest I did find some facination watching.  I don't plan to walk by to spy on her and I guess at some stage I knew she would be masturbating, I am just having difficulty with what I saw.

Answer
She probably is needing some release.   What she is doing is perfectly normal.  Do you feel comfortable talking to her and finding out if she is getting satisfied.   It might be good to give her a book about female masturbation.  I think I understand what you are going through.  Hang in there.

Maybe some readers have ideas about how to cope with this situation.  If anyone has some ideas to share, please feel free.   This is a tough situation for a single dad.

Masturbation

David Carney