Masturbation/Female Vagina Phobia

Question
Hello,

I am a 21 year old female. I have been trying to masturbate for a while now after a conversation with some of my friends who said they have tried it and it feels good. My parents didn't let me  in high school and so I didn't really bloom sexually like some of my friends in college, in fact I am still a virgin. I am having a hard time masturbating because I don't like how my clit feels when I touch it. I have never looked at my own vagina but I have seen what they look like in porn. They look really pink and swollen, like a laceration. I know that is a weird description but that is how I see it. It naked me hesitant to touch it. Please help.

Answer
I think you could use some professional help.  You acknowledge that it's a phobia.  Some men have a phobia like you describe, but in your case, it's a phobia of your own body.  A psychologist would be a good place to start.  

You could probably try masturbating if you didn't have to see what you were doing.  That would be worth a try.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.