Masturbation/Masturbation

Question
QUESTION: Hey there I'm a 17 year old male and I do masturbate a lot(2 times today). There is a saying going around from guys saying that they passed the masturbation stage and are now having sexual intercourse instead. So my question is:1. is there a stage or age guys that guys are able to refrain from masturbating? And if there is which age/stage is it? 2.if a guy has as frequent sex as he is supposed to at least masturbate(6 times a week) will he be satisfied and is that healthy?

ANSWER: Well there are many people who don't masturbate at all so there are those groups who don't even get to a stage of masturbating. Most men do masturbate and as they find that masturbation feels good and they hit the stage of puberty where one cannot control their arousal then no it is hard to control it. Now as we age lets say the later end of puberty and late teens early twenties our hormones start to get under control And we aren't getting aroused every two seconds. t this stage most men go from two to three times a day to one a day or less. So as we age our hormones tend to cause us to get aroused less easily.

Now once we add sex into that routine and one cAn easily get in bed with a women they tend to choose that over masturbation.  when we get married a solid relationship includes active sex life and so again masturbation becomes a back up for sexual release. As long as you aren't masturbating till your weak and you aren't causing yourself pain by either the lack of or over doing it then chances are its healthy. Masturbation is not that well studies so not every question can be answered with a simple yes or no or even a maybe so you may hear a different answer from say a religious expert or even a fellow expert on this website.

QUESTION: Now which one is helthier than the other, masturbating or having sex?

Answer
Well in terms of "health" both burn calories not as much as regular exercise but calories none the less. However in terms of cleanliness ie risk of getting an Sti then masturbation is healthier as sex you can't always test every partner you have sex with for all Stis so solo masturbation is safer. Now sex does burn a little more calories then masturbation and is more enjoyable so it all depends who your havin sex with and if you care about getting a STI.  

Masturbation

Steven