Hi, I am 20 years old female and a virgin. I've never had sex because I've always wanted to wait for someone special but honestly I can be very aroused a lot of times.
I have been masturbating for quite a while, since I am 13 years. old. At first I used to be able to orgasm by stimulating my clit and it felt great, but since a couple of years I haven't been able to orgasm at all. I do the same things and I have even tried to used things that vibrate to achieve and it feels good but just when I am about to orgasm it all goes away. I don't know what is wrong but it frustrates me. I don't know if I will ever be able to orgasm again.

Hi Laura.  Masturbating doesn't necessarily feel the same way every time, and there are days when a person just can't have an orgasm.  But if you haven't been able to orgasm at all in years, you might have a problem that a doctor should check out.  It is also important to have your mind clear and focused and be in a relaxed state when you masturbate.  Try to put your worries aside, and don't be anxious about having or not having an orgasm.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.