Masturbation/Prone Masturbation and dry sex

Question
Ok so I have two questions, I've heard that prone masterbation is bad for a male penis
my boyfriend doesn't masterbate in a prone way but we love to have dry sex in which he
rubs his penis against me, sometimes he has orgasmed from this, would this be bad for his penis
since it is similar to prone masterbation? Also I don't know if prone masterbation applies to girls but
is it harmful for girls aswell?
Ps. For background, my boyfriend and I have dated for almost two years we are 18 and enjoy experimenting
as safe as possible with sex (condoms and such) we aren't very I guess good at penetrative sex but we enjoy pleasuring each other in other ways aswell

Answer
Prone masturbation, which means to lie face down and thrust the genitals into or against something, is a cause of sexual dysfunctions in males and is linked to being less orgasmic in intercourse for females.  Dry humping is usually not performed as often or intensely as prone masturbation; and I assume your boyfriend masturbates conventionally.  Therefore, dry humping is not an issue.  You can learn more about prone masturbation and how to overcome it at http://www.healthystrokes.com.

If you aren't good at penetrative sex, then you should find out why.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.