Masturbation/masturbation and prostate cancer

Question
QUESTION: dear doctor,

I am male. I am single. My age is 22.

Is there a link between ejaculation frequency and prostate cancer? How many ejaculations thro' masturbation per week are normal?

thanks

ANSWER: Yes.  A team of doctors led by Dr. Graham Giles found that males who ejaculated most often when they were young had the least incidence of prostate cancer later.  They surveyed a group of men with prostate cancer and an age-matched group without it and asked how often they ejaculated at different decades of their lives.  Dr. Giles recommends that younger males masturbate at least six times per week.  

Most men your age take Dr. Giles's advice and masturbate about once per day.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

QUESTION: I have to quit masturbation. Not doing masturbation will cause prostate cancer in early or later life ?

Answer
You don't have to quit masturbating and shouldn't want to.  Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Most males your age masturbate daily.  Please read this page to learn some of the health benefits of frequent masturbation: http://www.healthystrokes.com/promasturbation.html.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.