Masturbation/Masturbation and Hormonal Imbalance

Question
Does Masturbation lead to any kind of Hormonal Imbalance? I am 19 and I have been masturbating since many years. I have a mild elevation in Prolactin. Could this be due to masturbation? Thanks.

Answer
No.  Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  It does not cause any problem with your hormones.  All men your age masturbate and most of them started six or more years ago.  Your doctor knows this and knows that it does not affect your hormones.

Don't be embarrassed to tell the doctor that you masturbate.  The doctor masturbates too.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.