Why do so many people get caught right when they're having their orgasm?  Wouldn't it seem like if you're gonna do it for 10 minutes that you wouldn't always get caught right at the end?

I think it's because when you hear your door open early in your masturbation session, you can stop instantly and cover up but at the point of orgasm you're distracted and don't notice the door as easily.  It's a bad deal if you both get caught AND your orgasm is ruined.  

You can learn more about this at

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.