Masturbation/what if I get caught?

What should I say if I ever get caught?  I think I would want to die.

You will not want to die.  It will not be the end of the world.  Most males eventually have someone walk in on them.  It is as embarrassing for the other person as for the person discovered.  The other person has probably masturbated more times than you have and will understand completely.  You will probably not have to say anything.  Most people in that situation don't.

To read many stories about being caught masturbating, see

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.