Masturbation/masturbating method

Question
I have been masturbating for a few months and I have gotten in the habit of touching around my clitoris.  I have heard of girls who stick things into the vagina while they do this and wonder if it is harmful or if it will even feel better.

Answer
Most females start masturbating by rubbing the clitoris or the area around it.  Masturbating is normal, healthy, and fun.  Most females later try inserting fingers or objects into the vagina to increase their sexual pleasure.  Most of them like it, but a few don't.  It generally takes longer to get used to than clitoral masturbation.  Masturbating internally (vaginally) is not harmful.  You might like it very much or you might decide you like the way you're doing it just fine.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.