Masturbation/Masturbation & male athletes.

Do you know if it's true that male athletes such as basketball players and football players(just to name two kinds of sports)tend to masturbate more often than guys who don't play sports?

I am inclined to believe that males who play sports masturbate more often than males who don't play sports.  I have some survey research that leads to that point, but I don't have that data in front of me.  Please contact me again about this issue and I'll see what I can find.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.