Masturbation/Masturbation & male athletes

Question
This is an interesting question which suddenly occurred to me because I'm not 100 percent sure if this is true or not; Do male athletes such as basketball players and football players(just to name two kinds of sports)tend to masturbate more than guys who don't play sports? If it's true, why is this the case?

Answer
I suspect it is true, but I haven't seen any hard data on the point.  Most often I am asked if masturbation affects athletic ability.  I don't think it does, and neither do most males who bodybuild.  I tend to believe that higher testosterone leads to higher rates of masturbation and other sexual behavior and that athletes probably have higher testosterone than average.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.