Does masturbation affect hair growth on the hands, arms, or legs?

No, it is one of the oldest myths about masturbation that it causes hair to grow.  It is very untrue.  That myth got started because most people start to grow hair on their bodies about the same time they start to masturbate.  They are both caused by hormonal changes that happen in puberty, but the one doesn't cause the other.

One exception is if you masturbate in a way that causes a lot of friction in the areas where hair is supposed to grow.  In that case, hair might not grow because of the friction.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.