Masturbation/Hair/masturbation

Question
Does masturbation affect hair growth on the hands, arms, or legs?

Answer
No, it is one of the oldest myths about masturbation that it causes hair to grow.  It is very untrue.  That myth got started because most people start to grow hair on their bodies about the same time they start to masturbate.  They are both caused by hormonal changes that happen in puberty, but the one doesn't cause the other.

One exception is if you masturbate in a way that causes a lot of friction in the areas where hair is supposed to grow.  In that case, hair might not grow because of the friction.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.