Masturbation/Kegel exercises

Sir,when I am practicing kegal exarcise,can I continue to masturbate twice daily or I have to stop masturbating completely? And how much time it takes to get result from kegal exarcise?

Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun.  If you're doing the Kegel exercises to build sexual strength, then there's no reason to stop masturbating.  They're both good for your sexual organs.  On the other hand, if you're doing the Kegels because of some injury or infection in your genitals, then you should ask the doctor who's treating you for guidance on that.  Presumably you could keep masturbating, but they might tell you to cut back from twice a day.

You can notice a difference in your genital muscles within a week of starting Kegels.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.